Makes 2 quarts
- 6-8 tea bags
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 quart cold water
- ½ cup sugar or ¼ cup honey, optional
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Drop in the tea bags in and steep for only 10-12 minutes, otherwise it will be too strong and tannic tasting.
- After steeping, take out the bags, squeeze gently and discard them.
- Sweeten if you like now — you may also use Stevia, agave, or Truvia for sweetener if you prefer.
- Place the hot tea in a pitcher and add the remaining cold water.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
Recipe Source: www.thedailymeal.com