Takes 35 minutes + 2 hours cooling time | Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup all-purpose cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 pre-baked piecrust
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350oF
- using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, all-purpose cream, sugar, and lemon juice until thoroughly blended. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add eggs and beat until well blended.
- Pour the filling into the pre-baked piecrust.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean
- Cool the pie on a rack for at least 2 hours. Top the pie with the strawberries
- In a saucepan over low fire, heat jam and a tablespoon of water. Glaze the berries by brushing jam over the berries with a pastry brush.