This delicious coffee cake recipe, from Mr Breakfast, can make up to 8 servings.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raisins or favorite chopped dried fruit
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Prepare the topping in a small bowl, by simply mixing together the topping ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the regular sugar, brown sugar, butter and egg.
- Add wet ingredients and sour cream to the dry ingredients. Stir until just mix and moistened. Fold in nuts and dried fruit.
- Prepare a 9-inch round glass baking pan with a light coating of cooking spray. The pan has to be microwave safe.
- Spread the batter evenly in the baking pan. Sprinkle topping evenly over the batter.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To cook: Microwave on high for 8 minutes. If your microwave doesn't rotate automatically, you should rotate the pan once every 3 minutes and increase the cooking time by 1 minute.
- The cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out dry and the top of the cake appears dry.