Muddy Buddies is the official “Chex” term, but they are also known as Puppy Chow or White Trash. It is a cereal, covered in a peanut butter/chocolate mixture coated in powdered sugar. They are fairly easy to make, and delicious.
- 9 c Chex or Crispix cereal
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 c powdered sugar
- Pour cereal into large bowl, set aside.
- Combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 minutes. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal, mix well.
- Put powdered sugar in a large paper grocery sack and add chocolate coated mix, shake until coated with powdered sugar.
- Spread covered cereal out on a wax paper and allow to cool.